Thursday, July 18, 2013

Atlantis Clarksville Trip Report (July 12, 2013)

Because I wasn't able to visit another water park since May, I did another visit to Atlantis in Clarksville, Indiana but made it a surprise visit since I wanted to see how the water park was doing, and would be like on a busy day.

A very sunny morning about an hour after the park had opened had some light, but very good crowds. The majority of visitors were large groups of very excited children on field trips, but the rest were mostly teens and adults looking for a very nice day out in the sun.

I spent about a few hours in the water park and had myself a pretty good time. I spent most of my time sliding down the slides since I didn't really feel like bothering with the wave pool. With this visit, I was able to compare what the park would be like with a crowd. The splitting of the staircase for body sliders on the left, inner tubers on the right was a very nice idea and allowed for body sliders to bypass those with inner tubes and head straight to the slide of their choice. The top of the complex was much less organized though, with people standing in random locations unsure what line they might be in for the slide they want. It takes a bit of squeezing-by other people sometimes to be able to reach the slide of your choice.


The slides themselves were just about the same as the last visit, except that the slide surfaces were cleaner and smoother, and the water felt slightly warmer than my first visit in the cold. One very noticeable change was in the enclosed body slide where I had mentioned that the second helix on the slide previously had back-scratching, which wasn't felt on this visit!

So, I'm happy to say that this visit turned out to be a better visit compared to the last, and the water park was doing much better than it was earlier this summer! I can definitely recommend this water park if you're ever in the Louisville of Clarksville areas and want to get your feet wet, just be sure to avoid weekends since those are the busiest times for the park. Also, if you want to avoid additional charges for locker use, bring your own locks!

Body Slide (Closed Flume): 7/10
Body Slide (Open Flume): 6/10
Tube Slide (Closed Flume): 7/10
*Tube Slide (Open Flume): 7/10

Overall Water Park Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment about this post below!